Hey Girl, I’m Gieselle.
I’ve always been ambitious, strategic and creative. That combination led me to working in television in Los Angeles. I worked for studios, shows, and networks and rose up from intern, to assistant, to development exec, to producer. I loved my work and my future was bright, but there was one massive problem. I couldn’t shake the fact that even though I had what I had always dreamed of, it wasn’t quite right for me.
Luckily, the universe helped a sister out. (Thanks, universe!) I met an energy healer who opened my eyes to the fact that I have the passion, heart, and talent to heal. After that, I began devouring books, podcasts, and courses on spirituality, psychology, and personal development, but still couldn’t put my finger on what I was meant to do. Three years, one city and career change later, I met a coach, and it hit me like a bolt of lightning – this is what I was meant to do.
This is where I took my bold leap, friends.
Over the course of a year, I became a certified coach, created a business that I love, and made the jump to being fully-self employed.
Here’s what it took:
- I became incredibly clear about my goals and priorities.
- I was intensely committed to my dream – failure was not an option for me.
- I was ruthless about saying “no” to things that would take too much time and energy from my goals
- I started trusting my intuition because I had learned the hard way that ignoring it always goes south.
- I made a lot of mistakes, and chose to learn from them instead of giving up.
- I got a lot of support. I had three coaches and one therapist who helped me get my mind and business right, and work through challenges that came up.
- I made my own rules about how and when I work, instead of trapping myself in the cage of what I “should” be doing.
- I ignored the haters and learned to trust myself, even when other people didn’t understand my vision.
- Last but not least, I also worked my ass off.
Invest in your success!
Now, this is the most important part: I am not special. I am not an anomaly. I was not 100% sure this would work when I make the leap. So if you are committed, willing to work, open to having a litle faith, and won’t stop until you get what you want…you can do this too.
Here’s why it’s worth it: I now have a schedule and life that really works for me. I have the impact, autonomy, creativity, and challenge I’ve always craved. I love working, and feel grateful to “go to” work every day, which I truly never thought was possible for me. My happiness with my career has made every other part of my life that much more joyous, energetic, and bright. When people ask, I can now earnestly say I am living my dream.
Listen, I got you, boo. Take my hand, and together we’ll take risks, break down barriers, build that life you’ve always wanted, and settle for absolutely nothing less.
As a wise woman* once said, “Partner, let me upgrade you.”
*It was Beyoncé. The wise woman is always Beyoncé.